Columbia College Chicago Exchange, Final Post

When looking back at my time in Chicago I can easily say it was one of the best experiences of my life. I would highly recommend it to anyone think about going to the United States. It was such a wonderful city to be in and easy to acclimatise to, I was able to be a part of so many new things that are culturally specific to Chicago. Through the exchange I met a number of new people and can say I’ve made so many life long friends. The experience not only changed my academic life but also changed my perspective on the world and the opportunities that exist. I learnt about myself and who I want to be as an artist. The university was so welcoming and I never felt as though I was without support, which made moving to the city so much easier. As well as the international office team the students at Columbia College were welcoming and helpful when it came to getting familiar with the campus. 

Overall this exchange was the most rewarding thing I’ve ever experienced, although to begin with it felt daunting to move half way across the world alone I am so thankful I did it. And through this exchange I have made lifelong friends and been able to expand my worldview. Regardless of where you choose to go studying abroad is a wonderful experience and I would suggest doing it to everyone.

Emilie Plunkett, Bachelor of Creative Arts (Visual Arts)student, Semester 1 2017 exchange at Columbia College Chicago, the United States 

• Read Emilie’s 1st post here and 2nd post here