Living the Australian Dream

This semester has gone by so fast, I can’t believe we only have 4 weeks left of lectures! My classes have been amazing and I never want them to end! (who knew a student would say that!)

My break was super awesome. I spent a week in Port Lincoln, visiting the national park and coffin bay. Eventually, I went swimming with sharks and sea lions! Those two days were such an amazing experience the sea lions were so playful! After Port Lincoln, I had a week to finish some school work before heading to Kangaroo Island. Oh my goodness, Kangaroo Island was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! I had to pinch myself I thought I was dreaming. So much wildlife and marine mammals I could stay there forever. My favorite part was Seal Bay, we had such a close encounter with the Australian Sea Lions, it was such a special experience.

As we all got back from an amazing trip from Kangaroo Island, I heard about the Mass shooting in Las Vegas Nevada. It has been really hard being in Australia while something so tragic happened so close to home. Luckily, my friends and family are all safe.

But it is time to focus on finishing out the semester strong, and plan my summer break!

See ya later,

Cassandra

Cassandra Flynn on a semester exchange at Flinders University from Northern Arizona University, the United States: Semester 2 2017

• Read Cassandra’s 1st blog post here
Swimming with the puppies of the sea!
This trip lit up my world!
Seriously, could the water be bluer?
Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101