I have never found the ‘time flies when you’re having fun’ more applicable than now…

I cannot believe that there are only two weeks left of my exchange! I’ve never felt like a period of time in my life has flown by so fast. It’s a bittersweet feeling, really. I am excited to go home and see my friends and family again, however I don’t want to leave the family and friends I’ve made over here.

Thanksgiving break just passed, and another exchange student (from Perth) and I decided to go on a road trip to Portland, Oregon, to Seattle, Washington, and up to Vancouver, BC. It was definitely the longest road trip I’ve ever done, and undoubtedly the most beautiful. The Pacific North Western coastline is definitely one to be admired.

I now only have one week of classes left, a week for finals, and then I’m heading off to travel a little more before heading back to Australia!

My advice for anyone planning an exchange is, as expected, JUST DO IT! It may seem a little unfamiliar and perhaps slightly uncomfortable at first, but the experiences had, memories made, and bonds created are things that can never be rivaled.

If anyone ever wants to ask questions or talk about their exchange, hit me up, I would definitely do anything to relive these days, even if they aren’t my own experiences!!

Rahnee Coombs, Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology) student, Semester 2 2017 exchange at Montana State University, USA

• Read Rahnee’s 1st blog post here and 2nd blog post here
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Diablo Dam, Washington
North Cascades National Park, Washington
Seattle skyline