First Month at Flinders- Finding my Feet!

I have now been at Flinders for just over 6 weeks and I am really beginning to fit into the swing of things. Not only have I figured out where all my classes are (finally), I have also made some great friends and enjoyed amazing experiences.

I touched down in Australia very early and was greeted by a lovely member of the Flinders team. After I arrived, I was able to get used to the surroundings of my flat and unpack a little. At this point it became clear I needed to go to the shops to purchase a few bits and bobs to make myself feel more at home- and a lot of food. Within the first week I was already very comfortable in my room, however I am still adding to it now.

I made the most of the tours offered by the International Student Services, including the city tour. This is where I met some of my friends and got my bearings of the city- which is a lovely and vibrant!

I have also spent time enjoying the beaches and countryside, especially Glenelg beach which has great food, drinks and gorgeous white sand. I can’t wait for the weather to really pick up!

The Cleland Wildlife trip was also great, and I managed to tick two things off my Australian bucket list- meeting and petting kangaroos and koalas.

Overall, I am really enjoying my time here, although I do miss lovely England now and then, I am really beginning to feel settled- it really is worth the leap!

Flinders Uni campus
Lake on campus
Flinders Uni campus
Adelaide tram
Glenelg beach
Meeting with a koala!

Cecily Reeves-Jones on semester exchange at Flinders University from University of Brighton, UK  during Semester 2, 2018

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101