Travel and Assignments

Too many assignments? No problem! This mid-semester break I had too many assignments to complete and too many tests to revise for, but nonetheless I have managed to see what Melbourne and South Australia have to offer.

Here is what I did..

Spent a week in Melbourne before starting on everything, the best way to unwind. Walking tours, the best opportunity to see a new place and experience a lot in a short amount of time. Visited the famous Brighton Beach and its beach huts, saw aboriginal art and admired street art that the lane-ways house. But when this had finished it was time to get my head down and start doing work.

A great opportunity to tourist Adelaide, revisiting places, spending more time and branching out a bit further. The quaint little information desk at the entrance of the Central Adelaide Market gave me some great tips. They sent me to Stirling to see the amazing spring lane-way markets, the best place to buy handmade goodies and support local workers! There is so much that South Australia has to offer and you should explore it from day one, don’t leave it too late!

America Fabiana Pardo on semester exchange at Flinders University from Manchester Metropolitan University, UK during Semester 2, 2018

• Read America’s 1st blog here