This year Flinders University students can participate an international opportunity in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for the 10th University Scholars Leadership Symposium (USLS) from 1 – 7 August.
Humanitarian Affairs Asia are calling for enthusiastic, driven, informed and leading students to apply.
There are limited spots available, so interested students must send in their applications before the priority deadline for the best consideration of their application.
Priority deadline: Thursday, May 30th at 23:59 (Central Australian Time GMT+9:30).
What is the USLS?
This symposium is on leadership, focusing on constructing ways to empower yourself to create positive social change. It is one of the world’s largest youth gatherings and aims to bring together emerging leaders to discuss, collaborate, enact and change the way we think and act on world issues such as poverty, climate change and peace and justice.
It is a large international event, with around 1,500 outstanding University students from around the world attending. The Symposium will end with the 10th Anniversary Celebration Gala Ball on 6 August 2019.
This opportunity will give you the means to connect, share and work with like-minded youth from more than 100 countries who are proactively driven to pursue humanitarian work, desire to be a change-maker in the wake of pressing global issues and assist communities towards a more equitable future. This opportunity is more than just a for-an-experience/resume entry experience; it is an inspiring and motivating experience to address and work on issues that you learn and discuss in your lectures and tutorials.
All current tertiary education students and alumni who are driven in humanitarian work (regardless of their study discipline) are encouraged to apply. If you meet the general criteria in the paragraph above, you are highly encouraged to apply. The only major requirement is that you demonstrate leadership qualities, preferably by your current involvement in a leadership role (through your studies or professionally), and/or are actively involved in extra-curricular/volunteer activities on humanitarianism.
How to apply [Follow these steps carefully]
- Read through the following website http://www.universityscholars.org.uk/ very carefully. All applicants are required to consider their work-study-life balance and whether they can 100% commit to attending this Symposium.
- Prepare a 1-2 page resume, clearly outlining your leadership role(s), and/or active involvement in extra-curricular/volunteer activities on humanitarianism. As well as a passport sized photo.
- Email Stuart Kirkwood with the subject heading Application: 10th University Scholars Leadership Symposium. (Stuart Kirkwood, Global Partnership Associate for Flinders University email@example.com)
- In no more than 150 words, please state your motivation to attend this Symposium and how it would benefit your career goals.
- Attach your resume and ID photo.
View the YouTube promo video.