Flinders Alumni, Rebecca Greco has another tasty recipe for you to try at home:
Makes approximately 10 cookies
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg (for vegans, replace with 2 tablespoons of the canned chickpea liquid)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Use a high-speed blender or food processor to blend the chickpeas, peanut butter, egg, almond meal, maple syrup, vanilla essence, baking powder and salt.
- When well combined, pour into a bowl and stir through the sultanas.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls and flatten onto a baking tray with baking paper (I like to use an ice cream scoop to evenly portion the cookies).
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until just golden on top. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Written by Rebecca Greco, Accredited Practising Dietitian, Flinders University Alumni and owner of Nourish Adelaide. www.nourishadl.com
PS – We’ve tried these already, yum!