The student website now has a new look and feel!
A re-vamped student website is the first step in our student portal project. You may also have heard this called ‘Project Compass’. This is because the project is about helping you navigate the many systems, supports, services and opportunities available at Flinders.
The project team has been working with students since late 2018 as co-designers on the portal. Students have helped us understand pain points and priorities and how these can be addressed through a personalised student portal.
The new student site (launched on 13 July) has many new features. They include:
- Updated look and feel: newly designed home page with fresh graphics and layout for easier navigation.
- Support and Services directory: which includes a complete list of all support services available at Flinders,to help you more easily find what you need.
- My systems bar: provides links to the systems most accessed via Okta (e.g. FLO, InPlace, VPermit). You can edit what systems display for you, based on what you use most often.
- Get Involved section: Includes information on all the ways you can get involved in student life at Flinders and meet other students.
What’s next for the Student Portal
The Student Portal will be delivered in several stages, including:
- Your class timetable in a mobile friendly format – this has been the top feature requested by students!
- Completed topic grades
- Course rules
- Reminders and alerts.
Further updates will follow.
We want to hear from you!
This is your portal and we want to make ongoing improvements. So we want to know what you think about the layout, look and feel, navigation and anything else you want to tell us. You can provide your feedback through the Student Ideas Gateway. You have the option to provide your feedback anonymously too.
For more information, including more about the history of Project Compass visit the blog.
If you are a staff member looking to provide feedback, please email firstname.lastname@example.org