Are you in the process of deciding to travel home or stay back during the Summer Holiday Break (December 2020 to February 2021)? You need to make an informed choice and know the current restrictions for all international travellers and student visa holders.
Now is the time to consider your travel plans and discuss with your family at home or drop in at ISS to talk it over with an International Student Advisor.
If you are returning home, please consider:
- The strict International border restrictions for all international travellers and student visa holders will not enable you to return to Australia to continue your studies in 2021.
- That there are extremely limited exemptions to enter Australia for temporary visa holders.
- The border closures or restrictions imposed by respective countries will affect your return to and departure from your home country.
- The pilot program for returning International Students will not be available for students who choose to leave Australia at the end of 2020 and seek to re-enter Australia on their student visa after the summer holiday break.
- We strongly recommend you monitor and assess the conditions specified by the department of Home Affairs before you decide to take any overseas travel https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions-0
If you find the situation stressful and unsure of what to do visit Relationship Australia’s website or visit Beyond Blue’s website or call 1300 22 4636. You can also contact Flinders Counselling team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not returning home and staying in Adelaide, please consider:
- Working unlimited hours on a part-time/casual job to help pay your tuition fees and cost of living expenses. Check out some available jobs here.
- The SA Riverland orchards and vineyards have jobs for fruit pickers click here.
- Make sure that you know your work rights and report if you think you are being taken advantage of by your employer, go to Fair work Ombudsman.
- Doing some volunteer work to improve your communication skills to improve your potential employability. Check Out Volunteering SA.
- Enrolling in an intensive summer course doing a 4.5unit topic (if available).
- Filling up some of your free time with recreational activities and discovering South Australia.
Take a well-deserved rest before you recommence your study in 2021.