Thursday 1 October – Wednesday 7 October
This year’s campaign “Flipping the Script: Changing the Narrative on BPD” aims to change self-stigma and the way we think and talk about borderline personality disorder. This week is an opportunity for families, supporters and people working with those living with BPD to change the way BPD is spoken about.
On Friday 9 October Flinders will host The Lived Experience of Men with BPD. The theme of the event is flipping the common misconception that BPD is predominantly a female condition and encouraging clinicians to be aware that BPD presents in men in similar proportions to women.
Join MC, Tony Greenrod along with the panel of experts:
- Jake Hodgman – Lived Experience
- Aaron Fornarino – Lived Experience
- Brodie Boswell – Lived Experience Performer – Brodie has written a hip-hop song on BPD and will perform it live or show the video
- Tony Greenrod – Carer & MC
- Sharon Bax – SA Prison Health
- Kimberley Gilson – Forensic Psychology registrar, Senior Clinician BPD Collaborative
Café Alere & Alere Function Centre
11am-1pm | Panel of experts
1pm-2pm | Networking Lunch
Finger food lunch will be provided.
To attend the free session or to learn more, register for your tickets here.