The Education Pathways Team from the Office of Student Recruitment are seeking students from Sports, Health & Physical Activity (SHAPA) to design and run a 40-minute workshop as part of the Bedford Park Enrichment Program. The Enrichment Program sees up to 800 Year 10 students hosted on-campus on Thursday 22 and Friday 23 July. School students elect to participate in a day-long experience. As part of the experience, students will participate in four 40-min workshops from different areas of study each day.
What’s required from you:
- Develop a 40-minute interactive workshop which demonstrates key learnings in SHAPA – make this fun and engaging for a Year 10 cohort
- Expect 20-25 students per workshop
- Commitment to run the workshop a total of eight times on Thursday 22 and Friday 23 July (four workshops each day)
What’s in it for you:
This is a paid-opportunity. You will be engaged as a casual Student Ambassador at HEO3 rate for 10 hours across the days. The Education Pathways team routinely offer casual employment and volunteer opportunities for Flinders students. Participation in this program may lead to further opportunities with us, as well as contribute to your ongoing professional development!
A few other notes:
- EPSW & SHAPA workshops will be run in the Education building
- When developing your workshop, please be mindful that workshops will be run in an enclosed classroom space (you may take advantage of the law courtyard)
- You may choose to develop your workshop in partnership with a fellow student to help share the load across both days or co-facilitate
Please submit your expressions of interest by 31 May. Please contact Christopher Slee from the Education Pathways Team at Christopher.email@example.com or 0458 585 118 if you have any questions or would like further information.