Students who are interested in undertaking a Work Integrated Learning placement in the United Kingdom, or perhaps doing maritime archaeology field work in Israel, now have the opportunity to apply for an Endeavour Mobility Grant.
Flinders has obtained $197,000 in Endeavour Mobility funding to assist 65 students in undertaking a range of study experiences across the world, including Hong Kong, Japan, Sweden, the Philippines, India, Nepal, Israel, the United Kingdom and the United States.
In 2018, the following opportunities will be available:
- Optometry clinical placements with Rotary Australia in Nepal and the State University of New York in the United States
- Nutrition community feeding projects in the Philippines
- Occupational Therapy clinical placements with Manipal University in India
- Sport Work Integrated Learning placements with Arsenal Football Club and Manchester City Football Club in the United Kingdom
- Maritime archaeology field work experiences with Haifa University in Israel
- Work Integrated Learning placements in the United States Congress through the Washington Internship Program (to read the blog posts of previous Washington interns, see Flinders Washington Interns: State of the Union address and Flinders Washington Interns: Obama Executive Orders).
Grants range in value from $2,000 to $5,000 depending on the duration and destination of the study experience, and are designed to offset the costs incurred by students who are participating in a short-term mobility or semester-length study program in 2018.
“The Endeavour Mobility Grants program is an excellent addition to our already very strong New Colombo Plan program at Flinders University,” says Vice-President and Pro Vice Chancellor (International) Sebastian Raneskold.
“I urge our students to get involved and gain invaluable experiences which are critically important in today’s increasingly globalised world.”
The Learn Without Borders team is currently working with the Colleges and project leaders to promote the 2018 Endeavour Mobility Grants for students.
Further information is available from the Endeavour Mobility Grants website.
Students are also encouraged to check out the international study opportunities available to them at Flinders via the Learn Without Borders web-page.