A new project is underway to develop an internal-facing staff intranet, known as the Staff Portal. The platform will be available for all staff and will provide new, internally facing, authenticated webpages for staff to easily interact with University services.
The portal will be available for Flinders’ broad staff community, including sponsored University users, contract and affiliate staff, and visiting academics. A Governance Model will be developed to communicate the workflows for authoring, approving and publishing content.
Benefits of the Staff Portal
• tailored to individuals by providing personalised access to content, services, communities and collaboration tools and spaces
• improved search tool for content and staff profiles
• modern appearance, inline with Flinders’ new public-facing website
• up-to-date content with easier navigation
• content will be FAN protected, as required
• overall experience will be more consistent and accessible across all devices
The Staff Portal webpages are expected to be delivered iteratively over the coming 9-12 months. A new staff landing page will be available by the end of September 2018 and regular updates of the project will be provided to ensure staff are aware of the changes implemented.