Domestic and family violence will be the focus of the next lecture in the BRAVE series, with Professor Sarah Wendt discussing the actions involved in responding to this complex issue.
Over refreshments, her talk will look at how best to support the sector and workforce tasked with tackling domestic and family violence to enable best possible outcomes, including for victims and a sustainable workforce.
- overview of Australian domestic violence statistics
- long-term consequences that largely remain hidden from view
- how domestic and family violence intersects with child protection concerns
- research to understand the engagement of men who use violence in intimate partner relationships
- insights into the unique experiences of diverse sectors of the community (such as Aboriginal people, those living with disability, same-sex couples, immigrants, or women who are older, from rural communities or with various religious beliefs.)
This important discussion will raise questions about our expectations of the domestic and family violence workforce and its future.
Beyond the Bruise: the invisible elements of domestic and family violence
Where: Flinders Victoria Square, Room 1, Level 1, 182 Victoria Square, Adelaide
When: Wednesday 28 November 5:30pm – 7:30pm