The Office of Graduate Research will be closed from Friday 22 December 2023 at 1.00pm and will re-open on Tuesday 2 January 2024 with staff being available online and limited on-site staff until Monday 8 January 2024.
If you have any paperwork due during this period please get in touch with the appropriate team before Thursday 15 December to discuss.
- Progression Queries – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Examination Queries – email@example.com
- Development Queries – firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries after 22 December, please submit an AskFlinders request if you have any questions, these will be addressed by our Team from 2 January 2024.
Flinders is committed to maintaining normal research activities and notes that you may need to be on campus during the Christmas/New Year closure. If you have valid after hours access to the HDR spaces applied to your card you are able to access these spaces during the closure. If you require access and do not currently have it please arrange for this to occur prior 19 December 2023. To request building access please submit a service one request.
As there will be limited people on campus please contact Security on 8201 2880 if you need assistance.
Library staffed support services will take a pause while Flinders University is closed from 23 December to 1 January 2024 inclusive; during this period library buildings and information resources will continue to be accessible 24/7. Learn more here.
Flinders University Student Association (FUSA) Services:
Please note that FUSA will be closed for the University Closure Period. We will reopen at 9:00 AM on Monday, January 8th, 2024. During this time, forms, emails, and calls will not be monitored. We will respond as soon as possible when the office reopens on Monday, January 8th, 2024.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties, AnglicareSA is administering Emergency Financial Assistance on our behalf for enrolled Flinders University students. Learn more here.
Health, Counselling and Disability Services:
The office will be closed from 1.00m on Friday 22 December 2023 and will re-open at 9.00am on Tuesday 2 January 2024. Contact numbers and places during the break are:
- For a Counselling Crisis, phone or text the Flinders Out of Hours Crisis Line. Phone 1300 512 409 or text mobile 0488 884 103.
- If there is a Medical Emergency phone 000.
- Marion Domain Medical Centre is open daily. Ph 8375 7000.
- After hours phone the National Home Doctor Service, if you require a HOME Visit, Ph 137425.
- Flinders Medical Centre, Emergency Dept is open 24hrs.
Other services available:
- Lifeline – 13 11 14, www.lifeline.org.au
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636, www.beyondblue.org.au
- Suicide Call back Service: 1300 659 467, https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/
HDR students who are currently under examination
Examiners still have access to the Inspire system and can submit their reports over this period. Be assured we will prioritize sending out your results to you as soon as we return to the office.
HDR students wanting to submit their thesis
You are still able to submit your thesis for examination in Inspire during the office closure period. If you have questions about the submission process please speak to the Exams team by Wednesday 20 December.
The OGR would like to wish you a safe and Happy Christmas and New Year.