Flinders University Library’s affiliation with the Adelaide Theological Library (ATL) in Brooklyn Park will cease at the end of November 2022, after an association of over 30 years. This is due to the discontinuation of theological studies at Flinders University.
ATL’s owning body, The Uniting College for Leadership and Theology, has joined the University of Divinity, a collegiate body based in Melbourne. Flinders University Library has been working with ATL for several months to transition the collection to the University of Divinity’s Library’s Hub.
What does this mean for Flinders students and staff?
- Flinders Library members will no longer be able to view or request books located at ATL via Findit@Flinders after 16 December 2022.
- We ask you to return any ATL books on loan that you have borrowed with a Flinders ID or reciprocal borrower’s card by 16 December 2022; items cannot be renewed. A recall notice will be sent on the 25th November 2022.
- ATL ebooks will be unavailable from 30 November if you currently have access.
- Flinders staff and postgraduate students remain eligible for document delivery and inter-library loan for material not available in the Flinders University Library collection
- ATL has fee-based community memberships and welcome walk-in borrowers for those who would like to personally become a member.
- From early 2023, individuals with an ATL membership will be able to view records for the ATL collection via University of Divinity’s Library Hub instead of via Findit@Flinders.
Please refer any queries or requests for information to: firstname.lastname@example.org