So it Begins

Hello internet, welcome to this blog! My name is Adam, and I’m a Canadian Geography student that has found myself in Adelaide. I first decided to apply for the exchange program at my home university SFU, when my friend was raving about the adventure she was about to have studying abroad. I convinced her to wait a semester so I could join, and here we are studying at Flinders University!

Sydney was our first stop in Australia. We were greeted with rays of sunshine and fully booked hostels. If you find yourself traveling to a tourist city in the peak of summer, it might be a good idea to book ahead! Once settled in, beaches, bus rides and friends engaged us until it was time to head to Adelaide.

My first glance of the city was filled with the lights and sounds of the Fringe festival and the commotion of Flinders O week! University events ensure that no time is wasted in getting you involved in campus life. With orientations, afternoon teas, and weekend trips offered by the international students services unit, I found myself quickly immersed in my new city!

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101