Exchange Life

First blog entry of exchange! Here goes nothing!

My name is Mimi Jolly and I am a fourth year Geography student on exchange to Flinders University from Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, Canada.

It’s not often that one gets to travel the world and continue their university career with their best friend. But here we are! Both accepted to the same university in Adelaide. I can’t believe it has been over a month since landing in Australia. It feels like I just got here and like I’ve been here for years all at the same time. I’m starting to feel like a real person again as well! I have found a room to call my home, have an Australian cell number, bus pass and bank account, and I’m all settled back in to uni life. So much has happened in such a short while so here is a quick summary of places I have visited and things I have done:

• Sydney
  • Manly
  • Blue Mountains
  • A very long bus ride from Sydney to Adelaide. (Note to self: book flights at least a week in advance or else they get expensive!)
  • Adelaide Fringe Festival
  • O-Week at Flinders
  • Cleland Wildlife Park (all the Aussie animals you could ever want)
  • Wakeboarding on the River Murray thanks to some new friends
  • Trip to Kangaroo Island with other exchange students thanks to ISSU

One thing is for sure, nothing ever goes exactly as planned. Finding a place to live off campus in a new city was definitely stressful, but not impossible! The ISSU team and so many other staff and students at Flinders University were always my first point of contact when I had any questions or concerns, no matter how small. I’ve met so many amazing people so far and I am loving every minute of it. Can’t wait for the next adventures.

Cleland Wildlife Park.

Koala in the courtyard on campus.
Remarkable Rocks, Kangaroo Island.

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101