A trip to Kangaroo Island

I had my first weekend away from Flinders, and it was fantastic.

Kangaroo Island is a 30 minute ferry ride away. The trip there through winding roads is picturesque, and on the side of the roads you can see wallabies under the trees.

Once at Kangaroo Island, my group and I were lucky enough to be hosted by the family of one of our members and enjoyed their expertise on the best places to explore.

On Saturday, we went to Admiral’s Arch and saw the fur seals resting on the shore, then to Remarkable Rocks. On the way back, we stopped at Kelly Hill caves and got an incredible spelunking tour. On the tour, we climbed through tiny holes and crawled under low ceilings and got a taste of what our Flinders paleontology team had to do to get to their dig site there.

The next day, we went to the Raptor Domain and got a wildlife presentation on raptors and snakes. The raptors were magnificent- possibly my favorite was Casper, the owl who would jump from lap to lap.

Overall, it was a great trip to Kangaroo Island! I can’t wait to go back with my parents in November.

11900072_10153584876411948_2750096544475082521_n

“Human, I told you not to look directly at me.”

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101