First Impressions of The University of Arizona

I’m so very happy that I’ve come to the University of Arizona in the United States. To begin, this is only my second time overseas and my first time being overseas alone. It was a challenge organising a trip to go to a country i had never been to before and didn’t know what to expect, however, i can honestly say that this has so far been the best and most rewarding experience of my life. My first impression of Tucson, Arizona was how scenic it is. As i first drove from the airport to the University the first thing i noticed was the beautiful mountains that surround the city.

Before classes started the international students and exchange students had an orientation week which was a great way to meet students who are in the same situation as you. Two girls who are both from Adelaide and study at Flinders University are also studying at the University of Arizona with me which has been nice to know someone from home. The three of us girls, along with two other international students that we met on orientation week decided to explore Arizona before classes begun, and so we went on a road trip.

By going on the road trip i soon came to the realisation that Arizona, and specifically the city i’m living in Tucson,  is very different to the larger American cities. It is very cultured and has a large hispanic community. This is because Tucson is very close to the boarder of Mexico and it has opened my eyes to more than just the American culture which has been fascinating.

Phoebe Budge, a Bachelor of Education (Middle and Secondary Schooling), Bachelor of Arts student, currently on a semester exchange at University of Arizona, United States

The mountains in Tucson
The mountains in Tucson
The Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon
“Four Corners”
“Four Corners”
Antelope Canyon, Arizona
Antelope Canyon, Arizona
Horseshoe Bend, Arizona
Horseshoe Bend, Arizona

One thought on “First Impressions of The University of Arizona

1. Your story is amazing,and I am so happy to know your exchange experience.Also, I want to join in exchange program in the next few years.Well,how long have you been there?