Back from Malaysia!

Almost 2 weeks ago, on the 6th of February, I have departed Malaysia heading back to Australia after spending three weeks there as a part of the New Colombo Plan. The trip was nothing short of amazing. It has been one of the best experiences of my life, I was able to meet amazing people, try a lot of good food and most importantly discover one of the best inventions on earth that is Nestlo (Nestle mixed with Milo).
The program organised by UKM (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia) was very well rounded and allowed us to learn a lot about the culture and the country. Some of the highlights involve visiting the beautiful sites and beaches of Langkawi, observing the production of a variety of Malaysian snacks involving Nete de Coco in Sekinchan, climbing the stairs of the Batu Caves, Celebrating Chinese New Year in Melaka and one of my personal highlights visiting the palace of the sultan Selangor. Aside from the places I got to visit, I really enjoyed shopping and eating at the night markets and hanging out at the Mammaks.

This trip has been one of the best experiences I have had in my life. If I get another chance to travel as a part of my study I will definitely do it. And to all the students that are looking to travel as a part of their study I definitely recommend the New Colombo Plan, I guarantee you’ll enjoy it!

Waleed Al-Dabbas, Bachelor of Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours), Master of Engineering (Biomedical) student, participating in “Investigating the history, culture, politics, and science and technology capability of  Malaysia” in January 2017 

• Read Waleed’s first post here