Semester exchange at Flinders: post 1

So much has happened since I came to Australia I wouldn’t be able to tell you how long I’ve been here for without having to check my agenda! Obviously, moving abroad is a bit of a roller-coaster. Nothing can prepare you for the seemingly contradictory sensations of feeling homesick and feeling on top of the world all at the same time. And I know it sounds cheesy but going with the flow really is the way to go!

After three rough weeks of settling in, mingling, and accommodating to the Australian culture (it really is a thing) my mind slowly started to open up to happy thoughts and excitement! And lucky for me Mad March had just started; the month in which Adelaide turns into a big playground full of festivals, music, entertainment and food.

Besides that, Flinders University organised so many get-togethers for international students that I just lost count. I ended up joining the Flinders University Underwater Club with which I go diving almost every weekend now but there’s really so much more on offer through the university. It is nice to see that Flinders really supports you to stay healthy and to have some distraction besides studying. I mean, you don’t come all the way to Australia to not at least have a little bit of fun!

Fleuriette de Boo is on a semester exchange at Flinders University from  Utrecht University, the Netherlands: Semester 1 2017

Underwater club
Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101