Inbound Exchange from Oregon – post 1

I’m Addison Woodside and I’m an exchange student from Portland, Oregon. I’m here at Flinders University for a semester to study Screen and Media. My first month at Flinders has been jam-packed with o-week, classes, field trips and adventures. I absolutely love Adelaide so far. It also helps that, since I’m American, I left my home in winter and arrived in summer. The sunny weather made settling in and getting around easy.

As soon as I heard about the Fringe Festival, I knew I wanted to check it out. My first week here, I went to visit the grounds and see what the shows were like. With some recommending from my new friends, I saw Djuki Mala the following week. It was incredible. The performers were aboriginal men who incorporated modern music with their traditional dances. I made sure to visit the Fringe a few more times before it left Adelaide.

I also picked strawberries in Hahndorf (the German village), saw the city lights from Mount Lofty, and relaxed on Brighton beach. All these activities make studying seem better too.

I’m so excited for the rest of my semester here at Flinders.

Addison Woodside is on a semester exchange at Flinders University from Pacific University: Semester 1 2017

Brighton Beach
Strawberry fields in Hahndorf
View from Mount Lofty
Adelaide Fringe Festival

Inbound Student Blogs Student Exchange 101