Time flies when you’re having fun!

Wow, I can’t believe I am already halfway through the semester here at NAU. It has been a wild ride so far but I have loved every minute of it.

Starting classes was a little bit daunting, I was worried how the workload I am used to at flinders would compare, the marking schemes and what is expected in class. I soon found out that there was about the same amount, if not more, online work to do, lots of independent reading, weekly in-class quizzes for 3 out of my 4 subjects and that class time is the opportunity to ask the professor questions on the textbook readings you have completed yourself. Although it is a large workload, I wouldn’t say the content was exceptionally hard… luckily!

It hasn’t all been about studying though! I have travelled to Maryland, Baltimore and Seattle, Washington and I will be spending thanksgiving with my boyfriend’s family in Wisconsin. I’ve really made an effort to put myself out there and meet Flagstaff locals and joining a few clubs on campus has really made a difference. The NAU Hiking Club have run some awesome hikes and camping trips which were great opportunities to meet more people and see more of the beautiful nature around Flagstaff.

The colour of the leaves are changing as winter is just around the corner… you can definitely notice it in the mornings!! I can’t wait for the snow to fall though, as one of the reasons I chose NAU was the high altitude = mountains = snow = skiing!

I know the last few months are going to go by so quickly so I am now making sure I appreciate the little things here at NAU and explore Flagstaff even more.

Josephine Otto , Bachelor of Health Sciences student, Semester 2 2017 exchange at Northern Arizona University, the United States

• Read Josephine’s 1st blog post here
Downtown Seattle from a harbour cruise tour
Myself on the Space Needle in Seattle – amazing views of the city!
A visit to the Grand Canyon organised for international students by NAU
Northern Arizona University campus housing and the San Francisco peaks
NAU campus
Mural in downtown Flagstaff