What a Wonderful Crazy Adventure

It’s so crazy to think that not only is this my last blog post but also that in under three months, I’ll be back in Australia.

My time in Utrecht has been absolutely amazing and although I can’t wait to see my family and friends from Australia, I really am not ready to leave.

In Utrecht we are now onto our new topics in university and I’m excited to learn some new knowledge from these topics… but if I’m completely honest I’m a lot more excited about the travelling and what I’ve learnt from the people I’ve met.

Since the last blog I have visited Netherlands a little bit more. A few weeks ago, I went to Efteling Theme Park and has such a great time. It was like being place into the middle of a fairy-tale land.
I visited Amsterdam this past weekend and was able to visit some more typical tourist destinations such as the Red-Light District, the Heineken Experience and a few popular clubs.

Other destinations I’ve visited, outside of Netherlands was Prague, London and Naples. The London trip was for my 21st birthday and I had a blast. The Prague trip was for an ESN (student association) trip and it was offered to all ESN and internationals around the Netherlands, there were approximately 1400 people.

Back in Utrecht, I joined the ESN Pub Quiz committee, so I have finally been able to meet and get to know a lot of Dutch students. The committee has really been one of my highlights as I’m also able to get to know and understand the Dutch culture while they try to get to know the Australian culture.

My advice I give to anyone thinking of doing exchange is DO IT. I have absolutely no regrets and it has in fact inspired me to do more travelling to learn about other cultures, too. Also, don’t be afraid to go to countries that first language isn’t English. Most people here can speak English too, and although it can be a struggle sometimes it also has given me a better understanding of the language and I’m now able to pick u a few words.

Until I’m back in Australia …

Dayna Clifton, Bachelor of International Tourism student, Semester 2 2017 exchange at Utrecht University, the Netherlands

• Read Dayna’s 1st blog post here and here
Efteling Train
Efteling Fairytale
John Lennon Wall, Prague
Harrods department store, London