My Utrecht Adventure Continues…

I’ve been in Utrecht for about 4 weeks now and it has been some of the best weeks of my life. I’ve had so many amazing experiences and met some of the most amazing people from all around the world.

The first weeks were so crazy that most of it’s a blur… Between meeting all the new people, jet lag, parties, and my new classes I barely had time to sleep. But it has all been worth it – no regrets!

I have moved into my student accommodation – which is really cool! I am on the 12th floor of this really weird looking building and I am very grateful I am not scared of heights. My roommates are absolutely amazing and we are already family. They come from all around the world – Germany, Spain, UK, and a couple from Australia. My favourite times are when we all get together and have family dinner. We make everything from scratch and destroy the kitchen in the process. I am also having fun teaching them all my Aussie slang and learning funny Germany and Spanish phrases.

The classes here a slightly different to Flinders – which is taking some time to get used to. None of the lectures are recorded and I have a four hour seminar each week, which is a killer to stay awake in. The work load is also slightly more intense and the reading list for each week is insane. But hopefully all will go well and the experiences here are completely worth the stress of class work.

I am so excited for what is still to come – a concert in Amsterdam, Oktoberfest next week, Halloween, weekend trips, SNOW (hopefully), and many more flat parties.

Katelyn Schenk, Bachelor of International Tourism student went on exchange to Utrecht University during S2, 2018.

See Katelyn’s 1st blog post here

Student Exchange 101