A healthy recipe kindly shared by Flinders international student, Jiulin

Granola bar

Ingredients:

Rolled oats: 2½  cups

Coconut flakes: ¼ cup

Mixed nuts: 1 cup

Vanilla extract: 1tsp

Vegetable oil : 1/3 cup

Honey:1/3cup

Sugar: 2 tbs

Instructions:

1, preheat oven to 160 degrees

2, I use a spring form pan and put the baking paper on it, you can sprinkle some oil on top of the paper if you like

3, measure the oats and coconut flakes and pour them into a big bowl

4, chop the nuts. I added almond, macadamia, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, sultanas and walnuts. You can add any other nuts or berries you like –  chocolate chips would work too.

5, pour the oil into the measuring cup first, then pour the honey into it , this way the honey won’t stick to the bottom of the cup so much

6, put the vanilla extract into it, you do not really need to add more sugar into it, I think it is already sweet enough for me. But, if you like, you can add another 2 tbs

7, mix all the ingredients together

8, pour them into the pan, and remember to pad them tight into the pan, you can use a big spoon or just your hand

9, put it into oven and bake it for 30 minutes

10, after 30 minutes bring them out from the oven and put it on a rack or cutting board until it is fully cooled down

11, now it is time to cut them into any shape you like, I like to cut them into squares

12, if you can not eat it all at once, you can put them into sandwich bag, and enjoy them anytime, anywhere

Hope you enjoy!
Jiulin

All students Recipes Student Wellbeing