Why not use the time over the summer break to prepare your application for the 2021 Playford Trust Scholarship Program?
More than 60 scholarships are available, worth $4,000 – $10,000 now on offer – and it’s easy to apply.
Scholarships cover the Trust’s priority areas:
- Advanced manufacturing & new technologies
- Health sciences & enabling technologies
- Environmental sciences including water, energy & climate change
- Mining & resource development
- Agriculture, aquaculture & food production
What’s involved: Some scholarships offer work placements or some form of contact with the industry sponsor. The timing and involvement of this interaction is negotiated with the company. The intent of all scholarships is help students make the most of their studies, achieve their potential and contribute to the State’s knowledge and research base. All applicants will require one academic reference.
Applications close 22 January 2021.
Get $9,000 a year for 3.5 years.
One scholarship is available for a student undertaking innovative research that may be of interest to Thomas Foods International. Areas of interest include:
- food technology, meat processing, food hygiene engineering or some aspect of feed lock operations
- automation, engineering, robotics, machine learning
- processing – machinery and efficiencies
- smart tracking – e.g. tracking of stock as well as tracking the parts to the original carcass
- meeting export requirements and preferences (as TFI are expanding into new markets)
- reproductive biotechnology – modifying animal traits, genetic characteristics, getting to market quickly
- smart packaging
- work health and safety, and sanitation innovation
- development of value-added products from agricultural waste – e.g. TFI grows potatoes.
Playford Trust PhD Scholarships
Two scholarships for students undertaking a PhD in any of the Trust’s priority areas. $5,000 a year for 3.5years
Codan / Playford Trust PhD Scholarships
For students undertaking a PhD in the following technologies:
- application of machine learning to inertial navigation
- RF digital signal processing for wireless ranging and localisation
- application of computer vision technologies for simultaneous location and tracking.
$10,000 a year for 3.5 years