Meet your Nursing & Health Sciences O’Guides

We’d like to introduce our O’Guides in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Read on to find out more about the team. If you’d like to join an O’Guide group, find their sessions in the registration form here.

Any questions? Reach out to our O’Guide coordinator, Indy, by emailing indianna.marrone@flinders.edu.au.

Mitchell

Bachelor of Health Science / Master of Physiotherapy

“My passion outside of my degree is Australian Rules Football. I live in Mannum, South Australia and play for my local club, the Mannum Roos! I also consider myself a bit of an AFL geek and love the training/physical preparation side of sport. This translates nicely into my degree as I would love to eventually work at a sports physio practice! 

I am currently a Health Science Student Representative, meaning it is my role to provide course and topic coordinators with student feedback to improve the degree! Additionally, I am the current treasurer and founding member of the Flinders Health Sciences Club. 

Starting uni can be a huge shock to the system, especially after leaving school, so I was inspired to join the O’Guide program to help make this easier for new students. There are so many things I wish I knew when I first started, and I am excited to be able to share these with you!”

Rhianna

Bachelor of Nursing

“I have always been passionate about anatomy and understanding how the human body works. I have seen every season of Greys Anatomy about four times (There are 18 seasons now) and I have just restarted it.

I have a two year old, he turns three this year. He is like a miniature version of me, and is literally my best friend. I decided to take up nursing because of him. My mother was a nurse for over 20 years, she also inspired me and helped me make the decision to study at university. I love travelling and seeing new places. I am very spiritual, but not too big on religion; however, I respect everyone else’s views and appreciate people with different opinions and beliefs. I can be quiet at times, but I am learning how to be confident and comfortable with myself, which is one of my goals for this year. I studied part time last year, however, have decided to start again as full time. 

I can’t wait to meet new students and share my journey with you!”

All students College of Nursing and Health Sciences