Overview: Bonnie (Advancement Manager – Philanthropy) let me know about a scholarship opportunity for students with a disability here at Flinders. It is offered by Community Bridging Services and is intended for students seeking to work in a community-focused career. The blog post contains the details of the scholarship, who is eligible and how to apply. Reading time ~ 3 minutes.
Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc :Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc Scholarship
Information reproduced from: https://www.flinders.edu.au/scholarships-system/index.cfm/scholarships/display/a91d736
This Scholarship has been established to support students with a disability who are undertaking a degree at Flinders University and seeking to work in a community-focussed career.
Source of funds
The Scholarship is funded through donations from Community Bridging Services (CBS) Inc. One scholarship will be available per year for the duration of the funding.
Each Scholarship will have a value of $3000 paid in two equal instalments after the census date of each semester.
Applicants for the Scholarship must:
- be enrolled in a degree program at Flinders University; and
- be registered and have an Access Plan with Disability Services.
Information about Access Plans is availablity on the Disability services website.
The Scholarship tenure is one year.
Leave is permitted for a maximum of one semester after completion of the first semester of the scholarship.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- the extent to which the applicant’s studies support their career aspirations; and
- the extent to which the applicant can demonstrate their interest and commitment to a career focused on community engagement and support; and
- the impact the scholarship will have on supporting the applicant in their studies.
Scholarship selection will be made in collaboration with Health and Counselling in accordance with approved University procedures.
Once you have commenced your application you can amend it any time up until the scholarship closing date.
- View rules for this scholarship scheme.
Scholarship Type: undergraduate, honours, postgraduate, research, financial, commencing, continuing, Indigenous students, international students, regional/remote/rural students,