Look what just showed up in my email!
Are you a student or jobseekers with disability who would benefit from professional mentoring?
The Australian Network on Disability are delighted to inform you that student applications for the PACE Mentoring Program Autumn 2019 are now open!
Positive Action towards Career Engagement (PACE Mentoring) connects students and jobseekers with disability with mentors from leading Australian businesses. It gives students an opportunity to develop their skills and confidence in a workplace setting.
This cohort our participating members are: ANZ Bank, Compass Group, Australia Post, QBE, Rabobank, APSC, Xero, Arup, TAC, IBM, Cummins, and NSW Legal Aid.
Ria gains invaluable experience as a mentee at QBE
“Coming into this program, my main goal was to get more familiar with what the workplace is from somebody who is very experienced. I wanted to see the types of things I can do with my degree, and what steps I could take to see what else is out there” Ria. To read more about Ria’s experience with the PACE Program, please visit our website.
How it works
Students will be paired with an experienced professional who they will meet with six to eight times within a four-month period between May to August. The meetings last between one and two hours. Students can discuss their career goals and aspirations, and get help to develop a plan for their personal and professional development.
Their mentor will help them identity and reach their career development goals and build their confidence in a workplace environment. Meetings with mentors may include:
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters
- Mock interviews
- Networking with other professionals
- Building confidence
- Attending events and team meetings.
Are you eligible?
- Be over 18 years of age
- Identify as having any type of disability
How do you apply?
- Read the details on our information page for students and complete our online application form by 3rd March 2019. Early applications are recommended. Applications are open now!
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
- Contact by email email@example.com.
- For all, any other queries about the program, please contact us by email or for urgent matters call 1300 36 36 45.
- Follow the PACE Mentoring Facebook Page for updates
APPLY HERE before the 3rd March to be considered for the Autumn 2019 cohort of PACE. (early applications are encouraged).