Actually we opened again last week (Thursday and Friday) but this is our first full week open since the break.
This means that health (GP, nurse), counselling and disability advisor services are back in place.
Now granted, given the time of year, you might be kicking back and relaxing and the last thing you want to think about is uni.
But we’re mindful that for many, the break might have been stressful:
- Perhaps you or family members have been affected by bushfires around Australia
- Perhaps you are a higher degree student who hasn’t really stopped working over the break
- Perhaps the holiday period was difficult for you because you weren’t able to connect with friends and family (perhaps they are overseas)
All you need to know is that the Health service here at Flinders is back up and running.
– GP’s for your medical needs
– Counsellors for those of you dealing with significant barriers to your studies
– Disability Advisors for those of you struggling with chronic or ongoing health/mental health conditions who may need additional support
Get to know our services at our website – https://students.flinders.edu.au/student-services/hcd
You can also read our service brochure which I recently updated.
Finally, you might find our ‘Self-care during difficult times’ document useful if you are in the middle of a stressful period. It explores simple things you can do to keep yourself moving forward, when everything else feels like it is pushing you backwards.