Seeking students on the Autism spectrum to share their experiences of transition to uni

Are you on the autism spectrum?

Would you be willing to share your experiences of transitioning to university study?

The study below might be of interest to you. I got notified of it via email and am sharing. It is a Flinders-based Study. 

Dear student,

PhD Research Project: Transition to and first year of university for students on the autism spectrum

This email is to inform you of a research project exploring the transition to university for students on the autism spectrum.

Hi,

My name is Alison and I am a PhD candidate in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Flinders University. I am undertaking research leading to the production of a thesis or other publications on the subject of transition to and first year of university for students on the autism spectrum.

As part of this research, I am seeking participants to take part in some case studies. The purpose of this research is to help us to better understand the barriers and facilitators to transition to university for students on the autism spectrum in Australia.

If you

• have a diagnosis of autism, autism spectrum disorder or Asperger syndrome and
  • commenced your undergraduate university studies in 2018, or 2019

I would like to interview you about your experiences of transition to and your first year of university.

If you meet the above criteria, and you are interested in taking part in this study please contact Alison Nuske alison.nuske@flinders.edu.au or ph. 08 8201 5449 to receive further information.

Yours sincerely,

Alison Nuske

PhD Candidate – PhD project Facebook page: https://fb.me/AutismTransition2Uni

College of Nursing and Health Sciences

Flinders University

Sturt Road, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042

GPO Box 2100 Adelaide SA 5001

Learn more about Alison and the Study

Disability News Flinders Research Studies