As you are probably aware, a 6-day lockdown was recently initiated to curb the recent Coronavirus cluster outbreak. That lockdown ended early and the university is opening fully back up by Wednesday. See our announcements page for more detail on current status of our services.
This is an update regarding the services offered by Health, Counselling and Disability Services:
- GP services are open again!! but telehealth only – check out our list of alternative clinic options below.
- Counselling and Disability services are available, but telehealth only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to speak to the intake team.
- The Oasis Centre remains closed for the time being. Only those activities operating within Oasis Online are available.
The Out-of-hours Crisis Line is operating after hours weekdays and all weekend.
Use this confidential support service if you are:
- Emotionally distressed
- Experiencing mental health issues or flare-ups
- Having thoughts of self-harm or suicide
It is available from 5.00pm to 9.00am on weekdays and available 24hrs a day on weekends and public holidays.
There are two ways to contact the line.
The first is to call 1300 512 409 where you will get to speak directly to one of the out-of-hours counsellors
The second is to send a text message to 0488 884 103 whereby you can initiate a text discussion with one of the out-of-hours counsellors
🏥 Alternative medical clinics
Domain Medical Centre
453 Morphett Road
Tel: 8375 7000
Open Mon-Fri, 7am-10pm, Sat & Sun, 8am-10pm
* Please note the Marion Domain Medical Centre now charges an upfront payment for international students. Please call Marion Domain for information
Blackwood Family Medical Centre
356 Shepherds Hill Road, Blackwood
Tel: 8178 0087, Fax: 8178 0440
Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-11pm, Sat/Sun 9am-8pm, Public Hols 9am-6pm (bulk bills)
Fountain Valley Medical Centre
2 Alabama Road, Happy Valley
Tel: 8322 2824
Open 7 days to 10.00pm (bulk bills)
1284 South Road
Open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, Sat, 9am – 12noon (does not bulk bill)
Morphettville Medical Centre
520 Anzac Highway
Tel: 8376 0511
Second language spoken at clinic by Doctor – Chinese and Indian
1140 South Road
Tel: 8276 9855
Second language spoken at clinic by Doctor – Arabic, Indian and Mandarin
Riverside Family Medical Practice
135 Daws Road
Tel: 8275 9100
If you require a home visit by a doctor out of hours, you can arrange this by calling National Home Doctor Service – 13 74 25 – There is no cost for students who have a current OSHC or Medicare Card.
For general health information visit Health Direct – or call the healthdirect number 1800 022 222