An update from Sascha Lemon-Spence, regarding an information session of interest to students with disability.
Please see event information for upcoming session hosted by Flinders with Accenture. It is face to face and Rachel from Accenture will be there, so students can meet her in person.
This session would be beneficial for any students with a disability to attend, but especially for those that have an interest in working with Accenture. They are not just looking for people who have a degree or studies in IT but people across all disciplines with an interest in IT.
In the session we will be talking with Rachel about;
- the positions they have available,
- not all positions are customer facing – what do other roles look like
- how they have strategies to match people’s skill sets to positions and clients,
- on the job support,
- how sharing information about the supports they need can help Accenture and the employee
- what to expect from the graduate assessment centres and how the delivery can be adjusted for those that need it.
- How to best prepare yourself and your application
Eventbrite is now live for the 4 May session – https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/accenture-graduate-accessibility-session-tickets-151156809085
If anyone has support needs for the session please flag this when registering.
If you didn’t attend the first general info session, you can still attend this one but, I would suggest watching this on FLO (or the relevant version at UofA) before attending as it had a lot of great general info.