Overview: An update from the Disability Services team on some work happening in Social Sciences North that has implications for students with disability. Reading time ~ 3 minutes.
A quick note to let you know that the 2022 LSP project will commence in the Social Science North (SSN) building rooms 102 & 242 on Monday 16 May 2022.
This work will involve conversion of the old existing lecture theatre (102) to a split level flat floor collaborative teaching space, refurbishment of the small mini lecture style room (242) to an improved collaborative teaching space and the rebuild of external steps and ramps to improve accessibility.
The project will benefit our University community in a number of ways:
- Refreshed and new teaching spaces that meet contemporary teaching methods
- Improved AV & IT to assist in collaborative learning engaging with external & regional students
- New Air conditioning, flooring and furniture
- Improved accessibility for all
- Aligns with the 2025 Agenda for People and Culture, Education, Engagement and Impact by providing quality teaching facilities
Please be aware that the following areas will be affected during these works:
- Egress from north east side of the campus – Student Hub, Central Library, Humanities courtyard, Flinders Laneway and car park 5 to the south of the campus SSS, Law Commerce & Education buildings
- Steps and ramps from Humanities Road to SSN courtyard
- Rooms 102 & 242
Some detours around these works will be in place – please follow directional signage in place. For any access assistance, please call Security on 8201 2880.
Note: There will be additional access parks marked on the upper level of the Car Park 5. From here the top ramp can be used to egress down into the SSN courtyard where the lifts on level 1 can then be used to then head south and access buildings SSN, SSS, LWCM & Education. When parking on the ground level of Car Park 5 the usual route to egress to Humanities, Flinders Laneway, Library and Student Hub will be available. Alternatively, parking in 4 or 6 might be good options.
At this stage, we expect that works will be completed by 22 July 2022.
Thanks for your patience as we undertake these works to improve our campus and Flinders community.
Queries about the works can be directed to Genny Heartfield – email@example.com