USEP (University Specialist Employment Partnerships) is a pilot program preparing and connecting university students with disabilities to graduate jobs. The program is available to students with disability in their final year of study, or who have graduated within the last calendar year at participating universities.
Flinders is one of a select few universities partnering in the program.
Being part of the program can get you:
- Assistance from an experienced specialist employment consultant located at university
- Help to find relevant experience and to get the resume looking sharp in your final year
- Links to graduate opportunities which are accessible and match your field of study
- Guidance about sharing information about disability – how, when, where & why and your rights
- Direct referrals to suitable university services and programs that may also benefit you
- Support after university to ensure you settle in to your new role, or to keep looking
- Direct feedback channels to help us shape this trial for students living with a disability.
If this sounds kinda interesting to you, you might be happy to know that the program is having a launch event on the 11th September in the Hub. Deets below:
11am – 2pm
Free BBQ for students
Career related stalls
Plus a student speaker talking about the transition from uni to employment with a disability.
CareerHub link to the Event: https://careerhub.flinders.edu.au/students/events/detail/862019
Weblink to USEP: https://www.usep.com.au/
And just in case you were thinking to yourself – “there is no PDF for this event!!”, then I give you