Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Christmas2

Just a quick note from me (Gareth) to wish all readers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I hope you have a safe, enjoyable and rejuvenating holiday period and I look forward to reconnecting with you all in the new year.

I’m not taking any considerable time off during the break. Instead I will be beavering away at putting together my ‘Introduction to Mental Fitness’ course for 2019 (due to launch during orientation week), and also setting the groundwork for the other wellbeing-focused programs we are running next year.

I’ll also be tinkering around at the edges of the new Oasis website, which soft-launched just recently.

I’d like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has played a part in making my role here at Flinders incredibly enjoyable.

• My boss Jodie, who gives me the freedom to follow my instincts in providing wellbeing resources to students
  • My mentor Kellie, who teaches me how to be better at what I do every time I talk to her
  • To my colleagues in Health, Counselling and Disability Services who inspire my work through their practice
  • To all of those people in the wider university system (e.g. FUSA, OASIS, Flinders One, Careers, Flinders Connect, IDS, Work Integrated Learning, FISC and more) who I have dealt with during the year who are always professional, generous and kind
  • To the groundskeepers who maintain the gardens that make Bedford Park such a nice campus to work
  • To the 1700+ people who are subscribed to the Health, Counselling and Disability Services newsletter and graciously read my ramblings every fortnight
  • To the 25000+ unique visitors to the Blog who read my posts and question my sanity
  • To all the students I’ve met directly or indirectly who tell me their stories which provides the impetus for the work I do

I’m really looking forward to reconnecting next year and making 2019 a productive and enjoyable year.

Take Care

Gareth

News Random Gareth Pontifications