Just a quick note from me (Gareth) to wish all readers a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I hope you have a safe, enjoyable and rejuvenating holiday period and I look forward to reconnecting with you all in the new year.
I’m not taking any considerable time off during the break. Instead I will be beavering away at putting together my ‘Introduction to Mental Fitness’ course for 2019 (due to launch during orientation week), and also setting the groundwork for the other wellbeing-focused programs we are running next year.
I’ll also be tinkering around at the edges of the new Oasis website, which soft-launched just recently.
I’d like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has played a part in making my role here at Flinders incredibly enjoyable.
- My boss Jodie, who gives me the freedom to follow my instincts in providing wellbeing resources to students
- My mentor Kellie, who teaches me how to be better at what I do every time I talk to her
- To my colleagues in Health, Counselling and Disability Services who inspire my work through their practice
- To all of those people in the wider university system (e.g. FUSA, OASIS, Flinders One, Careers, Flinders Connect, IDS, Work Integrated Learning, FISC and more) who I have dealt with during the year who are always professional, generous and kind
- To the groundskeepers who maintain the gardens that make Bedford Park such a nice campus to work
- To the 1700+ people who are subscribed to the Health, Counselling and Disability Services newsletter and graciously read my ramblings every fortnight
- To the 25000+ unique visitors to the Blog who read my posts and question my sanity
- To all the students I’ve met directly or indirectly who tell me their stories which provides the impetus for the work I do
I’m really looking forward to reconnecting next year and making 2019 a productive and enjoyable year.