Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the HCD team

On behalf of the team at Health, Counselling and Disability Services, I just want to wish all students and staff of Flinders University a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

The service will be closed from today (24th Dec) at 1.00pm and re-open on the 2nd January at 9.00am.

Some more details re: alternative services can be found in this post

I’ve had an amazing year here at the service and would like to thank all those that make it possible for me to work in this role:

• Jodie Zada and the team at HCD, who are an excellent bunch of people to work for and from whom I have learned a lot about the art of caring for others
  • To the students who read this blog, attend my talks, do one of our programs (e.g. Studyology) or interact with me online – thank you for your ongoing support of what I am trying to do – equip students with the skills for productivity and wellbeing
  • To all the topic coordinators, collaborators and staff that I interact with on a weekly basis, who I know are as interested in student wellbeing as I am – thank you for your energy and enthusiasm for our shared projects
  • To the broader university community which consists of so many people working hard to try and make this one of the best universities in the world
  • To my external collaborators, mentors and audience who help me expand my vision to the world outside of Flinders

My hope is that everyone, regardless of how you spend this time of year, can find something or someone to be grateful for.

I look forward to hopping back in the driver’s seat of this blog very soon and making 2020 an even better year.

News