Flinders Market Casual Positions
Oasis is looking for student casuals to assist in the coordination of the Flinders Community Market. The Market is provided by and held in Oasis every Thursday during semester from 11.00am-1.00PM to bring students FREE fruit and vegetables along with LOW-COST pantry items where you can access free and low-cost food.
Oasis is a Student Community Wellbeing Centre focused on supporting the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of students, so they can achieve academic and personal success. We call it ‘Wellbeing for Success’. Oasis is located on the Bedford Park Campus.
We are looking for two students to assist in the coordination of the market including working with a team of volunteers to ensure it runs smoothly.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Flinders Market casuals will be responsible for working with a team of volunteers in the organisation and coordination of the market on a weekly basis.
This will include working with a team of volunteers to unpack and set up food items delivered to Oasis from FoodBank and Second Bite, welcoming students, setting up tables, decorations, signage and operating a cash till and eftpos machine.
– Direct volunteers to ensure the overall smooth running of the market
– Follow Community Market procedures including all COVID- safe practices
– Be available for an initial training session
– Unpack and set up food items delivered to Oasis from FoodBank and Second Bite
– Set up tables, stalls and decorations
– Alert staff to any damaged tins or food that is starting to perish
– Be aware of and practice Safe Food Handling procedures
– Be aware of and practice Manual Handling procedures as outlined by Safe Work S.A
– Wear appropriate footwear, such as closed in shoes
– Ensuring packing away food items, such as cans and packets away in the storage cupboard, after the market
– Clearing away tables, decorations, collecting signage
– Cleaning and vacuuming the area
HEO3 Casual, Hourly Rate: $37.40
– You are friendly and outgoing and able to work with others
– You are available from 10.30am to 1.30pm every Thursday during semester times
– You have initiative and think outside the square when it comes to solving problems
– You are committed to improving the student experience for all Flinders students
– You are a current student of Flinders University
Please submit your resume and cover letter here and answer a few questions.
Please note if you are successful you will be required to provide a DCSI working with children clearance.
If you have any further questions please contact Chris O’Grady via email email@example.com