Gareth reads the internet – 1

gareth reads internet

Turns out I am not the only one writing about health, well-being, personal development and all that jazz!

In fact, there are some people who are much better at it than me.

For anyone who has an ongoing interest in this stuff, I recommend reading widely. I am not a huge fan of ploughing through books (short attention span), but I do enjoy collecting and reading articles and blog posts from around the web that I think tackle unusual or thought-provoking topics.

In what will become a regular series on this blog (“Gareth reads the internet”), I share a few of the articles I have been reading recently.

Neuroscientist David Eagleman and composer Anthony Brandt explain how creativity works supposedly its all about bending, blending and breaking. Sounds like an afternoon with me and a vitamix.

26 time-management tricks I wish I’d known at 20 – oh yeah, speak to me in finely crafted minimalist slides, you sexy article you

Oh dear, even people with neuroscience training believe an awful lot of brain myths – it took all 10% of my brain to wrap my head around this article

The secrets of sleep: why do we need it, and are we getting enough cause it is awesome and no, we aren’t getting enough

Wellbeing enhanced more by places than objects, study finds – when you find yourself unexpectedly in a brain scanner – think of treasured places, not treasured objects

Recommended Reading