With orientation approaching rapidly (might be here by the time you read this), everyone is getting their promotional material ready.
The flyers for the Oasis Centre have just been released.
If you don’t know, Oasis is a community centre on the Bedford Park campus that is focused on student wellbeing.
At the centre, students can:
- Use their facilities – lounge spaces to study and socialise, quiet spaces, kitchen with microwaves to heat up lunch, prayer rooms, a courtyard garden and a large bookable space for events and activities;
- Meet and connect with other students from around the world;
- Chat to their chaplains and student volunteers who can help connect you to a wide range of services and programs, both within the university and in the community;
- Participate in wellbeing-focused programs run by OASIS staff including meditation, yoga, conversation groups and more!
- Access the weekly Community Market every Thursday with free fruit and vegetables and low-cost pantry items.
In addition to the activities at the Centre, Oasis also has an online presence – Oasis Online (you can register once you are logged into FLO) where many of the programs are replicated in online form, for students that can’t access Bedford Park campus for whatever reason.
Whether you are a new or existing student, we invite you to check out Oasis or Oasis Online and let others know about what they do as well (e.g. distribute the flyers or share the images on social media).