It is wellbeing week here at Flinders!

This week is Wellbeing Week.

Now, COVID-19 put a few spanners in the works in terms of mid year orientation activities.

Whilst we are limited in terms of what we can do face-to-face, that doesn’t mean there aren’t activities happening.

In fact there is quite a bit happening this week, with a number of groups around the university getting creative in their wellbeing offerings.

Leading the charge is Flinders Sports and Fitnesshttps://www.facebook.com/onesportandfitness who will be livestreaming classes, running competitions, offering free access to the gym this week for all students, starting a Strava community, hosting an online Q&A, doing clubs promotions and providing wellbeing tips. Phew!!

Also, stay tuned to Oasis, FUSA, Hey Flinders and ASK Flinders for content they will be posting throughout the week. A particular focus this year will be giving students access to these social media channels where they can share their best wellbeing advice.

Kinda a good time to get a Facebook or Instagram account if you don’t have one!

And what am I doing for wellbeing week?

That is an excellent question. I’ve been put on notice that I may be called in to do a couple of interviews or livestreams, talking specifically about mental health. Those will appear via the channels outlined above.

I am also running a Professional Resilience and Mindfulness Session with the Horizon team on Wednesday (4/8/21). Good opportunity to sign up to the Horizon Awards program if you aren’t already.

But my main job this week? I am rebuilding Oasis Online so it can become the premier ‘wellbeing’ focused FLO topic in the system. Bold goal I know, but its worth trying.

I am also building a new wellbeing focused program, that will be available to students in 2022, that teaches you the science of good habits.

Community Events Healthy Lifestyle Mental Health Well-being Well-being at Flinders