Wellbeing Ambassadors are students with an interest in wellbeing and improving the university experience of their peers. They get free wellbeing training and the chance to design and contribute to wellbeing initiatives around the university. Applications for Wellbeing Ambassador positions for 2023 are now open. We’d love you to get involved. Learn more in the post.
The Wellbeing Ambassador Program has existed since 2018, with 100+ students being trained and contributing to mental health initiatives and events at Flinders during this time. You may have seen some of them present at events like R U OK? Day.
The Wellbeing Ambassador Program is for students at Flinders University interested in contributing to student wellbeing. Wellbeing Ambassadors will be provided with free training, engage with students during wellbeing events, and contribute to numerous wellbeing initiatives. The program is linked with the Flinders Horizon Professional Award and you will be awarded points towards the certificate according to how many hours you contribute as a Wellbeing Ambassador.
WHAT THE ROLE INVOLVES
- Championing mental health and wellbeing events such as R U OK? Day and Uni Mental Health Week.
- Co-developing and promoting mental health campaigns like the Good Vibes Experiment.
- Developing and delivering social media content via Oasis Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Providing consultation to Health, Counselling and Disability Service to support responsiveness to student needs.
- Supporting student wellbeing initiatives and developing your own initiatives.
- Attending free training.
- Contributing to regular Wellbeing Ambassador meetings.
Wellbeing Ambassadors are required to complete 4 compulsory wellbeing trainings and have the opportunity to complete other training such as Mental Health First Aid, Accidental Counsellor and SafeTalk. All have Horizon Points attached and free food. Delish!
In addition, there will be regular meetings, as well as events to contribute to throughout the year. Many of these are shaped by your ideas, and others are simply you engaging with students and encouraging them to access support services.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the program ARE NOW OPEN!
Please complete this application form by Thursday April 20th.
All applicants are required to have a Working with Children’s Check.
If you do not have this check, you can complete this for FREE by:
- Visiting this page.
- Complete your information including the last 10 years of your residential address.
- Ensure that on the volunteer application it states role description as: Volunteer at Oasis Flinders University.
Please complete this check ASAP and send through the confirmation email to email@example.com
Once applications close on April 20th, you will be notified if you have made it to the next round that consists of a group interview from which the final students are chosen as Wellbeing Ambassadors for the year.
If you have any questions, please drop into Oasis, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org