Mindfulness for Academic Success 2022

🌟🌟Mindfulness for Academic Success is back for 2023. Visit the new post for more information.🌟🌟

Mindfulness for Academic Success is an evidence-based wellbeing program designed for university students, that has been at Flinders since 2018. Student attendance and feedback over the past couple of years has been excellent, and in 2022 the program will be run twice.

Mindfulness is about being present and engaged in each moment of our lives. It is something you can learn, and research shows it can improve wellbeing and academic performance, and reduce evaluation anxiety.

This innovative program consists of five 60-minute sessions over five weeks. During these sessions you will learn to use mindfulness to:

• reduce stress and anxiety
  • improve focus
  • stop procrastinating
  • communicate more effectively
  • study more efficiently (and with more enjoyment)

Each session builds on the one before so you must commit to all five sessions.

Feedback from previous students is very positive:

“I experience less anxiety in the morning and less stress related to emails and supervisory feedback, I’m less reactive”

“I’m more aware of my feelings, I learnt many new strengths to deal with stress and procrastination”

“I’m more able to get to work and notice/be aware of stress responses and default mode”

“I found the session on procrastination to be the most practically useful and created the most change for me”

“The weekly sheets were awesome – perfect amount of info, practical, educational, relevant and interesting”

Want to read more about what students are getting out of it – try here.

Mindfulness for Academic Success will be running in 2022

Students who wish to be considered for the program must be able to attend and commit to all five sessions, and be willing to undertake daily home practice.

Interested students need to contact maureen.germein@flinders.edu.au  to access an application form and express their desire to participate.

The next Mindfulness for Academic Success Course will be offered over 5 weeks on Wednesday July 27, August 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 9am to 10am in person at OASIS

I’d prefer an online program…

If people would prefer to learn mindfulness in an Online environment, I would recommend the following 4 week course with similar content to Mindfulness for Academic Success:

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/mindfulness-wellbeing-performance

Academic skills Events Flinders services and programs Mental Health Training