I’ll be talking about wellbeing and academic success during orientation

Flinders is going all out in 2020 on helping new students adjust to life at Uni.

In addition to the standard O’week activities, Flinders has events planned all through March to help students gain a thorough understanding of how to succeed at Uni (spoiler: it primarily involves being fully aware of the range of services and programs available to you as a student that can help you build good study habits and life skills).

I’ll be playing a small role in the process, giving brief presentations during Skills and Wellbeing Weeks. You can find my events (they are called Wellbeing for Academic Success) on the Orientation Planner in the Skills and Wellbeing Weeks.

Things I will be covering are:

• The range of wellbeing focused services and programs available to you as a Flinders student
  • The importance of habits in building wellbeing and how to develop good habits
  • The habits of successful students

I may even regale you with a slightly bizarre story about manure 🙂

When to catch me:

10th March @ 1.30 @ OASIS

12th March @ 12.30 @ OASIS

24th March @1.30 @ OASIS

26th March @ 12.30 @ OASIS

Is this just for new students?

If you are a returning student and would like to try and make 2020 a little more successful than 2019, you are very welcome to attend. I’ll be primarily talking about habit formation and that is as relevant to existing students as it is for new students.

Other useful wellbeing resources

You might find our Getting Off To A Good Start guide useful.

You might also find our Self-care Mega Guide useful.

Academic skills Life Skills Psychological Tools Talks given Well-being at Flinders