Mental Health First Aid training is popular. Current courses have been filled, but it is worth registering your interest to do the program in case opportunities arise.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training for Semester 2 filled quickly and as far as I know, all 3 training sessions have been filled.
There is however a waiting/cancellation list, so if you wanted to do MHFA training this coming semester, I recommend emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to have your details added.
There is always the possibility that someone has to drop out, or additional training is announced.
If you don’t know what MHFA is, let Bing explain…..
A Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course is a training program that teaches participants how to assist someone who may be experiencing a mental health problem or crisis. The course is based on evidence-based guidelines and research evaluations. The course aims to improve mental health literacy and confidence in providing first aid to individuals with mental illness¹.
MHFA courses are delivered under the authority of Mental Health First Aid Australia, by MHFA accredited instructors. This course is intended for the public to gain an understanding of a first response approach to assisting an adult experiencing mental health concerns. The course introduces students to a range of mental health concerns, and through a five-step action plan, students learn how to respond to someone who is experiencing mental health concerns².
Source: Conversation with Bing, 11/07/2023
(1) Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course – Better Health Channel. https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/servicesandsupport/mental-health-first-aid-course.
(2) Mental Health First Aid – Australian Red Cross. https://firstaid.redcross.org.au/mental-health-first-aid/.
(3) Course overview | Mental Health First Aid – MHFA. https://mhfa.com.au/course-overview.
(4) Get Trained – Mental Health First Aid. https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/take-a-course/.
(5) What You Learn – Mental Health First Aid. https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/take-a-course/what-you-learn/.