Lydia from EPSW shared a list of Lockdown resources from RMIT that I thought was worth sharing on the blog. They were compiled by Jonathan Boymal Deputy Dean (Learning and Teaching) at RMIT.
The resources are focused on sustaining and increasing wellbeing during these difficult times.
I have removed a couple of the Melbourne specific ones and replaced with similar services here in SA.
Obviously, the lockdown situation in VIC is far worse than here in SA currently, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t starting to really feel the impacts of living under restrictions and the ever-present threat of further restrictions.
Lists like this are certainly not comprehensive collections of COVID-19 resources, but they are excellent starting points for someone wanting to do a bit of reading in the area and wanting a thematically curated selection of resources. In this case, the theme is wellbeing.
Wellbeing Resources for Lockdown
- Psychological Tips (Department of Health)
- Doing What Matters in Times of Stress (Illustrated – World Health Organisation)
- Dealing with “Covid Brain”
- Covid and “Professionalism”
- Parenting (New York Times)
- Coronavirus and Your Wellbeing (Mind.org.uk)
- Animation of New York Times article: “A Brain Hack to Break the Coronavirus Anxiety Cycle”
- Mental Biases to be Mindful of
- Coronavirus: How to Protect Your Mental Health (BBC)
- How to Stay Emotionally Healthy During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief (Harvard Business Review)
- What Introverts and Extroverts Need During the Lockdown (Wall Street Journal)
- PERMA+ Building Blocks for Wellbeing
Resources for Supporting Mental Health and Wellbeing
- 5 Ways to Wellbeing (The Royal Melbourne Hospital, NorthWestern Mental Health)
- Beyond Blue
- Smiling Mind
- Mental Health Support – COVID 19 (SA Health)
- Mental Health Commission
Mindfulness & Meditation
- Headspace is offering free meditations
- Calm.com is offering free meditations
- Insight Timer – app for meditations with lots of great free meditations
- UCLA Health Guided Meditations
- Lululemon is offering yoga and meditation videos, free
- Nike Training Club app is free and has guided workouts
- Doyogawithme offers free yoga classes for all different levels
- CrossFit at Home
- At Home Workouts (The Urban List)
- LinkedIn Learning
- The Science of Well-Being free 2-week MOOC from Yale
- Edx – Free online courses from top universities
Nutrition to Support Wellbeing
Resources for Young People
- Beyond Blue and Reach Out Resources for Young People Aged 14-25
- Headspace Tips on How to Deal with Stress
- Beyond Blue have a dedicated COVID-19 online forum for people to share their concerns and connect online to support one another.
- ReachOut have online youth forums and online parents forums for COVID-19 offering peer support in safe and established online communities.
- TED Talk Self-Care Playlist
- Supporting the Wellbeing of Online Students (Presentation for course designers and facilitators)
- Self-Care Guide for Men
- Every Self-Help Book Ever, Boiled Down to 11 Simple Rules
24/7 support lines
- SA COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line – 1800 632 753
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- MensLine 1300 78 99 78
- 1800Respect 1800 737 732
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467